"This is what I was born to do."
Debi Freeland is a California State Certified Massage Practitioner (CAMTC # 20109)*. A third generation San Franciscan, she made frequent trips to Lake County to visit family until settling there in 2001... At a very early age, Debi discovered she had a healing touch when family and friends asked her repeatedly for back rubs. So, after working many years in the corporate world of banking and accounting, Debi was reintroduced to her initial calling... massage.
* California Massage Law: In an effort to protect the public from unethical people and business practices, a volunteer certification program was established in 2009. "It's important for the public to have confidence in a massage professional's expertise, training and professionalism." Debi takes great pride in being a part of this organization. The initial application includes fingerprinting, a background check, submitting photo ID with an approved massage school's transcripts and complete work history. For more information, go to CAMTC.org.
In 2001, after receiving her diploma from the Mendocino School of Holistic Massage & Advanced Healing Arts, Debi established her private practice and started connecting with a large community of talented healthcare professionals... Initial employment at Konocti Harbor Resort & Spa in Kelseyville, and a few other spas, taught her techniques, treatments and business savvy to last a lifetime.
Today, Debi enjoys...
- Developing community with other massage and healthcare professionals who, like herself, hold the highest standards.
- Providing table and chair massage services for a variety of clients and venues including Debi's studio; the staff at Lake County Tribal Health, Sutter Lakeside Hospital Community & Family Medicine Clinics and Hospice Services of Lake County; Perini Ranch family and guests; the enrollees at PSI Seminars; the guests at Sea Breeze Resort, Tallman Hotel and WorldMark Clear Lake; Soroptimist International of Clear Lake; and the staff at Keith M. Long, DDS, Lincoln-Leavitt Insurance Agency Inc and Peggy C. Campbell CPA.
- Donating massage services, raffle prizes and silent auction items for Hospice Services of Lake County's Wings of Hope Family Bereavement Camp, Sutter Lakeside Hospital's Heroes of Health & Safety Fair, Lake Family Resource Center's Wine & Chocolate & More and Kelseyville Olive Festivals, Rotary Club of Lakeport's Konocti Challenge, St Helena Hospital Clear Lake's Annual Charity Golf Tournament & Silent Auction, and many more.
- California Massage Therapy Council ~ Certified Massage Practitioner #20109
- Associated Bodywork Massage Professionals ~ Member
- Cities of Clearlake & Lakeport ~ Business Licenses
- Lake County Chamber of Commerce ~ Member
- Kelseyville Business Association ~ Member
- Kiwanis International ~ Former Member in Fort Bragg, California
- Be Well Lake County (guide) ~ Healthcare Provider Listing
- Lake County (official website) ~ Massage Listing
- MassageTherapy.com ~ Professional Listing
- Certified Tourism Ambassador ~ Membership Pending ~ Long before this terrific program came to the area, Debi has been one of Lake County's best known advocates. Some people call her The Connector.
- Yelp.com ~ Listing
Debi received her 2015 Lake County Chamber plaque from President Ted Mandrones and her sponsor, Robert Boccabella (left).