Communication | By Appointment Only
Because massage is a very personal and intimate experience, creating initial rapport and trust between the massage professional and the potential client is done by phone or face-to-face rather than using email, social media (Facebook) or text messaging. Think of it like going to the doctor's office. After establishing the relationship, booking appointments continues the same way with the exception of some text messaging. Same day and next day service is rarely available. Depending on a client's needs and Debi's schedule, working extended hours and some Sundays are options.
Massage Rates & Time | Fees & Surcharges
Massage Rates & Time: Rates include a 2 hour Maximum Appointment Time ("MAT") for 60, 70, 80 and 90 minute massages. And, a 2.5 hour MAT for 2 hour massages... Please arrive no sooner than the scheduled appointment time.
- New Clients ~
- Without a Referral: A $70 Minimum Rate Fee (see below) plus $5 processing fee (if paying by credit card) is due at the time of booking the initial appointment. Any balance due is paid at the end of the massage session (e.g., a 70 minute massage is $80).
- Initial Appointment MAT: Includes up to 15 minutes for filling out and reviewing the Confidential Client Intake form with Debi.
- Overtime Surcharge: Ample time is allotted per client. In between sessions, Debi must refresh the room, herself and returns calls. A $70 Minimum Rate Fee (see below) will be added for anyone causing their session to go over the MAT.
Welcome Letter (very important)
After booking the initial appointment, Debi will email her Welcome letter containing important information. For those without smart devices: The information will be shared during the booking and a copy of the letter will either be mailed or given during the appointment...
By reading the Welcome letter, reviewing these Policies and confirming the appointment, the client agrees to Debi's terms.
One will be made a day or two before the appointment, either by text or a phone call. Responsibility is not transferred to Debi should she fail to do so.
Minimum Rate Fee: $70 is due the same day, or within a reasonable time, in the situations listed below. It must be paid either in person with cash or check or with a check sent by US Mail (see mailing address at the bottom of each webpage)... This is about valuing Debi and her other client's time. Because she has a very busy practice, another client would gladly use someone else's appointment time.
- This does not include genuine emergencies or suddenly falling ill within 24 hours of the appointment.
- Clients are expected to reschedule their appointments if they feel ill, contagious, and/or think they have a cold or the flu (take the Allergy, Cold or Flu Symptoms Quiz).
CANCELLATION NOTICE REQUIRED
24 Hour Advance Notice: Please be courteous to Debi and her other clients. Cancelling or rescheduling appointments must be done as far in advance as possible by calling or texting Debi directly. This allows time for the client to find a replacement or another client being able to fill that time slot.
Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment, with the exception of a genuine emergency (see above).
If a client arrives too late and has to be rescheduled. Otherwise, Debi will determine if there is enough time remaining for a massage session (to be paid in full). This is to insure that all clients are seen at their appointed time.
Informed Consent Agreement
Clients are required to understand and agree to the following:
- It is the client's responsibility to use this website to check for updates ~ especially regarding Hours, Policies and Rates. No other notice will be given.
- Massage is given for the basic purpose of relaxation, relief of muscular tension, stress reduction, and/or increasing circulation.
- The massage therapist does not diagnose illness or disease and does not prescribe medical treatment or pharmaceuticals, nor are spinal manipulations part of massage therapy.
- Massage therapy is not a substitute for medical care and it is recommended that clients work with their primary care physician for any condition they may have.
- Clients must state all known physical conditions and medications; they will keep the massage professional updated on any changes.
- If a client experiences any pain or discomfort during the session, they will immediately let Debi know so the pressure can be adjusted to their comfort level.
Revised May 26, 2017